Chase is making a giant splash on the earth of rewards bank cards with the introduction of a brand-new card on September 15 – and it’s a doozy. The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is the newest addition to Chase’s Freedom bank card line, providing a very distinctive cashback program that mixes rotating 5% classes with ongoing 5% and three% classes as properly.
If there was one phrase to sum up how one can describe Chase Freedom Flex℠’s suite of rewards, it might be beneficiant. Proper off the bat, Chase Freedom Flex℠gives quarterly rotating 5% cashback classes for issues like web and cellphone providers, streaming providers and extra. Nonetheless, most playing cards which have 5% cashback classes solely supply 1% money again on purchases outdoors that class.
Not so with Chase Freedom Flex℠– along with the quarterly cashback bonuses, this card has a slew of different classes the place cardholders can earn three% and even 5% money again on an ongoing foundation. That breaks all the way down to:
- 5% Money Again in quarterly bonus classes with a $1,500 on spending restrict per quarter. If a cardholder maxes out this spending cap every quarter for a yr, that may very well be as much as $300 again of their pockets.
- 5% Money Again on journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- four% Money Again on qualifying Lyft rides by means of 03/2022.
- three% Money Again within the drugstore and eating at eating places classes. Eating contains takeout and eligible supply providers.
However that’s simply the tip of the iceberg. Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders even have entry to a large assortment of different bonuses and advantages, together with:
- No annual price – $zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
- zero% Intro APR for the primary 15 billing cycles – Cardholders seeking to finance a big expense or pay for a big-ticket buy can take pleasure in zero% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months and a 14.99% – 23.74% Variable APR after that.
- Entry to Mastercard World Elite Advantages – Since Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a World Elite Mastercard, cardholders can take pleasure in reductions on retailers comparable to Boxed, ShopRunner and Fandango. Plus, cardholders additionally get cellphone safety of as much as $800 per declare with a $50 deductible per declare. Most two claims in a 12-month interval and $1,000 reimbursement per yr.
- A stable sign-up bonus – New cardholders will Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening. And earn 5% money again on grocery retailer purchases (not together with Goal® or Walmart® purchases) on as much as $12,000 spent within the first yr..
- And extra – Further advantages embrace journey cancellation/journey interruption insurance coverage as much as $1,500 per individual and $6,000 per journey, prolonged guarantee of further yr on eligible warranties of three years or much less and buy safety for 120 days towards injury or theft as much as $500 per declare (restricted to $50,000 per account).
All of those advantages mix to make Chase Freedom Flex℠ probably the most enticing rewards playing cards in the marketplace, although there are some things to pay attention to earlier than making use of. As a result of the rotating 5% cashback classes require activation every quarter, cardholders have to be proactive in activating these classes in an effort to maximize money again earnings. And whereas Chase Freedom Flex℠ has no annual price, there are another charges related to the cardboard. For instance, the Chase Freedom Flex℠ has a overseas transaction price of three% of every transaction in U.S. dollars, so in the event you’re planning on utilizing this card extensively overseas take into account that these charges might add up.
The Backside Line
When it comes all the way down to it, the sheer breadth of rewards which might be on supply from the Chase Freedom Flex℠ is difficult to beat. From quarterly rotating 5% cashback classes to three% money again on eating to the sizeable sign-up bonus, this card actually stands out within the more and more crowded rewards area.
If you happen to’re regularly eating out or choosing up takeout and aren’t deterred by the additional work concerned in activating the quarterly 5% money again classes, Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a good card so as to add to your pockets.